Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another group bites the dust

The September group has come and gone. The majority of them left last Saturday and the October group arrives this upcoming Saturday. I know, you didn't get much updating while this past group was here (ok, you haven't received many updates in general), but I don't have too much to say about them. I actually have too much to say about everything that is happening and just forget to put it here.

The overall conclusion from this past month is that when one chooses to do a program like this, one should be ready for things to be different--not just want to go somewhere different, but actually accept that everything is and will be different there. I want people to expand their horizons and I can only hope that everyone who comes through CCS's doors gains something positive from the experience. I may sound harsh or like I hated this past group which is definitely not the case. I had fun with them and really enjoyed hanging out with them. It was just very interesting to see how a new group of people can have a completely different vibe and personality from the one before. This must be similar to teachers getting a new class every year.

So, the house is quiet again this week. There are 10 of us in the house, but 2 people leave this Saturday. We're expecting 16 new people in this group ranging in age from 67 to 18. I predict this group will have a much different vibe than September's group and August's. Ramadan ended Tuesday, so we had a holiday yesterday and today from work. I have switched placements from the hospital to an elementary school (I will post more about that seperately. And I know what you're thinking...yeah, we'll hear about that never, but I swear I already have the post started, I just need to finish it up.)

You better be ready for updates because I'm ready to write them now.
~Sunshine

No comments: