I will elaborate more, but I would like to retract my statement that the kids at Ibny are not devil children. Today was the first day we were to teach English to the older children (generally grades 2-5). We walked into our first room where the kids were yelling, jumping on the desks and fighting. No teacher in the room or around at all. In fact, I'm not sure where any of the other teachers were as all the other classrooms were empty. After 10 minutes or so of us attempting to quiet them down, I ran to get someone to speak to the kids in Arabic and tell them to sit down and shut up. When I returned, the lady volunteer with me who is in her upper 60's and a very experienced elementary school teacher was yelling "you all are just terrible!" No worries, the kids were too busy yelling and running amuck to understand her. It was insane. By the time someone from the school came into the room, we had walked into the hall and decided we were not putting up with this. So, we went home. The CCS staff members were so angry at the school and promised us that the agreement is that a Moroccan teacher must be in the room with us. It was a frustrating day to say the least.
I'm going for a run now to calm myself down.
~Sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment